Yup, I'm considering writing a story in my own Pokemon universe. Here are the basic ideas, and sorry if some of them are confusing.
1. Like the normal Pokemon anime/games/manga and focus mostly on the human relationships and Pokemon battles.
2. Make it a world in a different time period where every person is a Pokemon gijinka, and while they look like one specific Pokemon, they gain the powers of their parents.
3. Have it be in a world where all the Pokemon are people are one, where they've all evolved into people that have two forms: one form looking more human with little patches of the fur/skin of the Pokemon they represent and have their powers, and a more powerful form where they turn full Pokemon anthro and their attack power's doubled.
4. A backstory to idea 3; a world where there are anthro/furry Pokemon, victims of an experiment that affected the entire world, but there are also normal Pokemon and normal Humans. The anthros and humans can use normal Pokemon to do battle, as well as have relationships, but the anthros can also enter battle themselves and fight normal Pokemon using their inherited attacks.
Now, here's the more detailed versions of those ideas...
1. My Pokemon OC Melinda Kaida going on her Pokemon adventure, playing along kinda like one series of the anime, except more sexual and violent. Short, sweet, and to the point.
2. A world traveler, using a spell to go to another world, finds herself in the territory of these strange people… They all have these ears and tails of strange creatures, and wear armor and clothes that suit such creatures. What she’s doing there, she doesn’t know, but the portal spell takes her where she needs to be, and it’ll be a good two months before she can leave. This adventure could take many twists and turns… Apparently these people, or creatures, also have natural magic abilities, ones this traveler’s not seen before.
3. A world traveler, using a spell to go to another world, finds herself in the territory of these strange people… They have patches of scales, skin, fur, and feathers of animals and some even have plants as part of their skin. While the world itself has a medieval feel to it, it’s more like her home than she expects. What she’s doing there, she doesn’t know, but the portal spell takes her where she needs to be, and it’ll be a good two months before she can leave. Or, rather, she doesn’t know until she meets one of the royal families that knows of an oncoming danger that cannot be avoided, and they need as much help as they can get. How will things go…?
4. One single evil entity, one single person of the purest evil outshined all the top bosses of the world. He made a working machine that combined both human and Pokemon into one. It started with all the grunts that worked for him, and once they were all transformed, they attacked the regions of the world, capturing innocent people and Pokemon alike, forcing them to be changed as well. Those that fought back were murdered and/or raped, and the world went to war. One month, the man knew he was losing, and he needed a way to ensure victory. He had captured Giratina, and tried to fuse with it, however… The legendary Pokemon escaped before it was too late, and the mysterious boss was killed. Without leadership, the grunts all died off one by one, but the innocent people that were still changed remained. The machine was destroyed as was every piece of evidence of it even existing or being planned that could be found. Years after that event, the world’s now much more peaceful, but it still has its problems. Laws and rules have been modified for the victims of that event, and we follow the adventure of a young child of a human/Pokemon anthro on their own journey, facing their own problems.
Now, if anyone's still reading this, I need help choosing on Pokemon to use in these stories. Mostly for the main characters. I have a list of possibilities, then I'll list the ones I'm considering on and off the list.
Serious considerations from the list:
Off the list:
Smeargle, but very iffy.
All 18 starters, common or not.
Eevee, common or not.
If you're still reading through this, first off, thank you for caring. Second off, I would like anyone reading this to comment their opinions below. Thank you!